Friday, April 11, 2008

"Precious Pouch"

It all started when I was walking along the road feeling quite depressed that day, that everything was hopeless and I would never feel the joy of feeling happy again.

“All of a sudden”, I came across this beautiful gem and even though it was a gloomy day that day this gem stood out for me like the most beautiful thing in the world.

I knelt down and picked it up staring at in awe enjoying the fact that when it reflected off the dim light that it looked like rainbow colors swirling in the center.

I started to smile to myself and feeling like I had the most precious thing ever. I put it safely in my pocket and I have kept it since.

It was really a decorative stone used for table arrangements found at the local Wal-Mart but, I thought of it as a gem and to this day, whenever I feel down I hold it in my hand and visualize the day I found it and makes me feel better.

The next item I will tell you about is about a spiritual seed that came from a necklace that was made out of them. I was walking down the street and spotted a street sale on the corner of it.

A long necklace made out of seeds the size of a dime caught my eye and I stopped dead in my tracks. It intrigued me and I asked the guy how much it was. $5 he said.

I checked my pockets and saw that I only had a dollar on me. Feeling frustrated I checked my bag to see if their may have been more coins their.

Nothing. Muttering to myself I started to walk away and then I heard a voice say, Hey come back. I went back and the guy said, what seems to be the problem? I told him that I found the seeded necklace unique and wanted to use it for spiritual purposes and he said take it, it’s on me just like that.

That’s how I knew it was special. So, I took it home and it has been on my wall ever since. I have reason to believe that it brings me luck and I put one of the special seeds in my pouch for keeps.

Another special item that is in the pouch is a Guatemalan spiritual worry doll. This doll was given to me at a rave I was at. That night I was feeling really depressed and I couldn’t stop worrying about things.

This guy comes up to me and asks me if I was ok? I was shocked that he could tell that I was worrying allot. “How did you know?” I stammered. I read your body language from over where I was sitting. I was watching you for awhile now. Feeling a bit nervous I started to turn away from him. He picked this up and at that moment handed me the Guatemalan worry doll.

What’s this? I asked. It’s a very special doll that has spiritual powers. Intrigued I leaned forward to learn more. What it’s purpose does is it takes your worries away. You tell your worries to the doll and put it under your pillow and sleep with it under it and then in the morning your worries are gone.

Cool, I said. That night after I left the rave I went home and told my biggest worry to the doll and put it under my pillow. The next day I realized that my worry wasn’t so intense and I thought to myself, this couldn’t possibly be. A doll couldn’t possibly have these powers but it sure felt good to get my worry out by telling it to it. Then it struck me, that’s why I was feeling better because I had released my worry and expressing our worries to people or things always helps clear the mind and lesson worry.

The next item was a square clear glass pendulum with an angel engraved in it. This item was given to me by a very dear friend of mine I had at one point in my life.

I used to work for him and I don’t remember the whole story behind it unfortunately but I know that he gave it to me and told me that this angel would watch over me and protect me and I wore it every day after that point and eventually the chain broke and all that was left of it was the pendulum and I put it in my pouch so I could have it for all eternity and the angel would watch over me when I needed it to help me through the bad times.

Next is a fortune from a fortune cookie that I got. I kept this from a show I had once performed in. My friend had made a dress out thousands of fortunes and one of the fortunes had really caught my eye so I took it and put it in my pouch hoping it would act as an inspiration for me.

Another was a white gem similar to the blue one that I found on the street. Again this gem made me feel rich instead of feeling poor which was what I felt because I was living in poverty at the time.

Well that’s it, unfortunately their were only six items in this special pouch but I would like to collect more one day to add to it.

This is the only thing I own that has very special significance to me in this way. Other that this, I would have had to make it up and I would rather be honest in my writing then make something up just so it sounds good.

I am excited and eager to know what I will find or receive next to add to it to keep the spirit of the special pouch alive!

No comments: