Friday, April 11, 2008

"Experience Of Performing Awakening Of The Spiritual Goddess"

I stood behind the door waiting for my cue. Then I heard it, it was our cue. I walked onto the stage.

There on the stage I heard our song begin to play.

"How can you see into my eyes like open doors"? "Bringing me down into my core where I've become so numb"

The song was Bring Me To Life By, Evanescense.

I looked over my shoulder and saw that the other dancers were in their places.

I picked up the crystal ball and placed it in my right hand and circled around it with my left hand just as we had practiced the night before.

The stage lights shined in my eyes and I remember glancing up at the crowd once during the performance and at that moment realized that I couldn’t see anyone because the giant stage lights were shining in my eyes.

The fact that I couldn’t see anyone out in the crowd that would make me nervous helped me to concentrate better.

I tried my best to get the dance right through out the rest of the performance and to not mess up.

Before I knew, it was time to wrap up the piece and get off stage for the next.

As I walked off stage I was glad to hear that people shared positive feedback about it like "nice work", we want more because it was an indication that we had put on a half decent show and that made me feel very proud that the hard work we did had paid off.

No comments: